MINT Lift – Minimally Invasive Nonsurgical Thread Facelift
Mint PDO-Thread Explained by Dr. Glenn Vallecillos:
Schedule a MINT Lift Consultation
MINT Lift Overview
The Minimal Invasive Nonsurgical Thread (MINT) Lift is a nonsurgical facelift performed on the mid-face. The procedure addresses signs of aging caused by gravity, such as sagging skin, by restoring the sharper jaw line and V-line of the patient’s youth. With no incisions, patients experience no scarring, and MINT’s biodegradable material is FDA approved and dissolves completely. What’s more, side effects are so minimal that patients return to their normal routine immediately after the procedure.
Before & After Pictures
- Preparation: Begin preparing for your procedure at least two weeks ahead of time, especially if you smoke tobacco or take blood-thinning medications. Blood-thinning medications include NSAIDs such as aspirin and ibuprofen as well as certain vitamins and supplements such as Ginkgo biloba.
- Anesthesia: MINT Lift requires only a local anesthesia. Discuss your anesthesia options with Dr. Vallecillos during your preoperative consultation.
- Preoperative Consult: Bring any questions you have about the procedure and postoperative care to discuss with Dr. Vallecillos, as well as your medical history. Also, share your goals in undergoing this procedure to allow the doctor to help manage your expectations.
After administering the anesthesia, Dr. Vallecillos uses a special suture thread containing 360-degree helical barbs. These protrusions allow the thread to anchor evenly and lift sagging facial tissues. The procedure takes approximately one hour to complete, and you can resume normal activities immediately.
MINT Lift FAQs
Who is a candidate for MINT Lift?
MINT is safe for all adults who enjoy good health and have maintained their weight for at least three months
What is the recovery time for MINT Lift?
MINT patients may immediately resume regular activities after the procedure.
Are there risks or side effects associated with MINT Lift?
Risks are minimal. Side effects are minor and include bruising, facial paralysis, pigmentation, and infection.
How long do the results last?
Results last for 10 to 12 months.
Podcast with Dr. Vallecillos
In the following interview with eHealth Radio host Eric Michaels, Dr. Glenn Vallecillos discusses MINT Lift, and answers the following questions:
- What is the most common reason people come into your practice?
- What are classic signs of an aging face or neck?
- What treatment do you recommend to patients with these types of issues?
- What is MINT Lift and how does it work?
- Why would anyone choose the Mint Lift procedure over a traditional facelift?
- What is the procedure process, can you give a overview? Is it safe?
- Are there any risks?
- About how much does this cost?
Schedule a MINT Lift Consultation
MINT Lift Technical Information
|Material Type||PDO – poly(p-dioxanone)|
|Suture Length||43 cm|
|Barb Design||Helical Bi-directional|
|Strands Per Pack||2|
|Application Date||August 29, 2011|
Anchor Strength and Tensile Property Comparison Chart
Mint Lift’s advanced threading material composition has an anchoring and tensile strength that is 3 times greater than earlier “cut-thread” technologies.
PDO – poly(p-dioxanone)
Polydioxanone (PDO, PDS) or poly-p-dioxanone is a colorless, crystalline, biodegradable synthetic polymer.
- Completely biodegradable by hydrolysis
- The thread becomes transparent after 1 month