MINT Lift Beverly Hills
The “thread lift” is making a comeback in Hollywood. This minimally invasive procedure lifts sagging skin tissue by burrowing barbed threads beneath the skin. While the skin lifting benefits are not as dramatic as a traditional facelift surgery, threading results are immediate, distinguishing it from other popular non-invasive skin tightening procedures that use lasers to stimulate the body’s natural resources to gradually lift and tone skin. Yet “thread lifts” are quickly being replaced with alternative skin tightening technologies, partly because of the health risks involved with threading.
MINT PDO Thread Lift Overview
The Minimal Invasive Nonsurgical Thread (MINT) Lift is a nonsurgical facelift performed on the mid-face. The procedure addresses signs of aging caused by gravity, such as sagging skin, by restoring the sharper jaw line and V-line of the patient’s youth. With no incisions, patients experience no scarring, and MINT’s biodegradable material is FDA approved and dissolves completely. What’s more, side effects are so minimal that patients return to their normal routine immediately after the procedure.
- Preparation: Begin preparing for your procedure at least two weeks ahead of time, especially if you smoke tobacco or take blood-thinning medications. Blood-thinning medications include NSAIDs such as aspirin and ibuprofen as well as certain vitamins and supplements such as Ginkgo biloba.
- Anesthesia: MINT Lift requires only a local anesthesia. Discuss your anesthesia options with Dr. Vallecillos during your preoperative consultation.
- Preoperative Consult: Bring any questions you have about the procedure and postoperative care to discuss with Dr. Vallecillos, as well as your medical history. Also, share your goals in undergoing this procedure to allow the doctor to help manage your expectations.
MINT Lift Procedure
After administering the anesthesia, Dr. Vallecillos uses a special suture thread containing 360-degree helical barbs. These protrusions allow the thread to anchor evenly and lift sagging facial tissues. The procedure takes approximately one hour to complete, and you can resume normal activities immediately.
MINT Lift Before & After Images
Podcast with Dr. Vallecillos
In the following interview with eHealth Radio host Eric Michaels, Dr. Glenn Vallecillos discusses MINT Lift, and answers the following questions:
- What is the most common reason people come into your practice?
- What are classic signs of an aging face or neck?
- What treatment do you recommend to patients with these types of issues?
- What is MINT Lift and how does it work?
- Why would anyone choose the Mint Lift procedure over a traditional facelift?
- What is the procedure process, can you give a overview? Is it safe?
- Are there any risks?
- About how much does this cost?
MINT Lift Technical Information
|Material Type||PDO – poly(p-dioxanone)|
|Suture Length||43 cm|
|Barb Design||Helical Bi-directional|
|Strands Per Pack||2|
|Application Date||August 29, 2011|
Anchor Strength and Tensile Property Comparison Chart
Mint Lift’s advanced threading material composition has an anchoring and tensile strength that is 3 times greater than earlier “cut-thread” technologies.
MINT Lift has 360 degree helical barbs on the thread for effective and even anchoring.
PDO – poly(p-dioxanone)
Mint Lift FAQs
How many years have you been a practicing plastic surgeon?
My first year out of residency was in 2005
Describe your philosophy and approach to cosmetic enhancement and treatment of patients
Philosophy: Superior advice predicated upon evidence-based medicine, innovative insight, and efficient execution.
Treatment goals: Create a natural appearing, balanced aesthetic enhancement that complements the patient’s unique features.
What’s most important to you when treating patients?
Comfort and security: We strive to achieve the ultimate customer experience. In surgery, much like professional sports, talent typically prevails. Championships however, are won by the teams who subscribe to organizational excellence. Accordingly, with good surgical planning and sound judgment, the majority of routine surgeries follow fairly predictable outcomes. Hence, customer service makes the experience complete. That’s what ultimately differentiates you as a surgeon from the masses. And that is our goal: to exceed our clients expectations.
What does a consultation with you entail?
Initially, patient information is gathered including photographs, salient medical history, and aesthetic goals. Next, I perform a comprehensive consultation utilizing videos and interactive patient education software. Following the consultation, the patient reviews the surgical procedure, peri-operative plans, and financials with the surgical consultant.
What steps does your office take to augment comfort?
We offer several features to augment comfort: A VIP waiting area, complimentary beverage menu, and Wi-Fi connectivity, and complementary usage of iPads.
Trust America’s leading aesthetic trainer, 30+ years of harnessing confidence and improving quality of life.