MINT Lift Los Angeles
The “thread lift” is making a comeback in Hollywood. This minimally invasive procedure lifts sagging skin tissue by burrowing barbed threads beneath the skin. While the skin lifting benefits are not as dramatic as a traditional facelift surgery, threading results are immediate, distinguishing it from other popular non-invasive skin tightening procedures that use lasers to stimulate the body’s natural resources to gradually lift and tone skin. Yet “thread lifts” are quickly being replaced with alternative skin tightening technologies, partly because of the health risks involved with threading.
MINT PDO Thread Lift Overview
The Minimal Invasive Nonsurgical Thread (MINT) Lift is a nonsurgical facelift performed on the mid-face. The procedure addresses signs of aging caused by gravity, such as sagging skin, by restoring the sharper jaw line and V-line of the patient’s youth. With no incisions, patients experience no scarring, and MINT’s biodegradable material is FDA approved and dissolves completely. What’s more, side effects are so minimal that patients return to their normal routine immediately after the procedure.
- Preparation: Begin preparing for your procedure at least two weeks ahead of time, especially if you smoke tobacco or take blood-thinning medications. Blood-thinning medications include NSAIDs such as aspirin and ibuprofen as well as certain vitamins and supplements such as Ginkgo biloba.
- Anesthesia: MINT Lift requires only a local anesthesia. Discuss your anesthesia options with Dr. Vallecillos during your preoperative consultation.
- Preoperative Consult: Bring any questions you have about the procedure and postoperative care to discuss with Dr. Vallecillos, as well as your medical history. Also, share your goals in undergoing this procedure to allow the doctor to help manage your expectations.
MINT Lift Procedure
After administering the anesthesia, Dr. Vallecillos uses a special suture thread containing 360-degree helical barbs. These protrusions allow the thread to anchor evenly and lift sagging facial tissues. The procedure takes approximately one hour to complete, and you can resume normal activities immediately.
MINT Lift Before & After Images
Podcast with Dr. Vallecillos
In the following interview with eHealth Radio host Eric Michaels, Dr. Glenn Vallecillos discusses MINT Lift, and answers the following questions:
- What is the most common reason people come into your practice?
- What are classic signs of an aging face or neck?
- What treatment do you recommend to patients with these types of issues?
- What is MINT Lift and how does it work?
- Why would anyone choose the Mint Lift procedure over a traditional facelift?
- What is the procedure process, can you give a overview? Is it safe?
- Are there any risks?
- About how much does this cost?
MINT Lift Technical Information
|Material Type||PDO – poly(p-dioxanone)|
|Suture Length||43 cm|
|Barb Design||Helical Bi-directional|
|Strands Per Pack||2|
|Application Date||August 29, 2011|
Anchor Strength and Tensile Property Comparison Chart
Mint Lift’s advanced threading material composition has an anchoring and tensile strength that is 3 times greater than earlier “cut-thread” technologies.
MINT Lift has 360 degree helical barbs on the thread for effective and even anchoring.
PDO – poly(p-dioxanone)
Polydioxanone (PDO, PDS) or poly-p-dioxanone is a colorless, crystalline, biodegradable synthetic polymer.
- Completely biodegradable by hydrolysis
- The thread becomes transparent after 1 month
MINT Lift FAQs
How long does a mint lift last?
A mint lift provides immediate results that will continue to develop over a few weeks post-procedure. Most patients can expect their newfound appearance to last up to one year.
What is a mint lift?
A mint lift is a non-surgical procedure that utilizes a cogged 360-degree polydioxanone (PDO) dissolvable suture thread that lifts sagging skin tissue to achieve a tightened, more defined look.
How much does a mint lift cost?
The cost of a mint lift varies from patient to patient and depends upon the amount of work to reach the desired results. However, the average amount spent is between $1,000-$2,500.
How long does a jowl thread lift last?
A jowl thread lift can typically last between one to three years. Similar to dermal fillers, the tissue underneath the skin eventually absorbs the threads.
Which thread lift lasts the longest?
Poly L. Lactic Acid (PLLA) threads dissolve after twelve to eighteen months, making them the longest-lasting compared to PDO.
Can a thread lift help jowls?
A thread lift will dramatically transform sagging jowls and immediately give a more contoured appearance without undergoing major surgery or extended recovery times.
What is the downside of a thread lift?
A thread lift is considered minimally invasive and generally safe. However, there is always the risk of infection, bruising, thread breakage, and thread extrusion. Also, for those looking for long-lasting results, the results from a thread lift are temporary.
Which is better, fillers or thread lift?
Dermal fillers and threads each have unique roles in the facial rejuvenation process. Hence, neither one of these treatments is considered “ better “ than the other. Definitively, the practitioner will determine which procedure will best suit the individual patient. In some cases, the patient will require both threads and dermal fillers for best results.
What celebrities have had thread lifts?
Many A-List celebrities receive and promote the thread lift. Kim Kardashian, Kendall Jenner, Gigi Hadid, Eva Mendez, and Gwyneth Paltrow have all received this transformative procedure.
Is there an age limit for thread lift?
There is no set age limit for who can receive a thread lift. However, the best results are typically in middle-aged patients.
Trust America’s leading aesthetic trainer, 30+ years of harnessing confidence and improving quality of life.